Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I was being sued payment of HOA fees, I paid the amount

Customer Question

I was being sued for non payment of HOA fees, I paid the amount in full to prevent foreclosure. How the Collection/Attorney states there's more money to pay or they will sue me again for payment. I have documentation that all was paid and at the time my husband and I paid the funds, there was NO mention of another balance to pay. Now it seems like we are doing this all over again. This has been a black cloud over my husband and I since 2014. We hired an attorney (she was killed recently in a car accident) to look into it and try to work with them, since they haven't been very forth coming to us except demand money. The HOA refuses communication, and forces our hand to speak with attorneys that represent HOA. It's all frustrating and we could use advice, we have paid over $5k to this attorney here in Houston that was to save our home, we are not rich but this has been stressful and hopeless. Can someone help?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Have you asked for an itemized breakdown of the charges that they are trying to asses?.Did they charge you any attorney or late fees on the balance initially?.Did they ever actually file a lawsuit against you or file a lien on the property?.What is your specific legal question that I can help with tonight? ("Can someone help" is a bit open ended).thanksBarrister