Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I was served a dispossession warrant. However, the house had

Customer Question

I was served a dispossession warrant. However, the house had water problems for more than a year that caused considerable amount of damage to the house I was renting and a water bill of nearly 3700. Because he constant water problem cost me so much money for clean up and damage to my personal items and furniture. After repeatedly calling the Management company about the cork popping out of the water heater and water flooding my garage and house, the first worker they sent out misdiagnosed the problem with the water heater. person sent out after the cork kept popping out replaced the water heating sighting that if the cork had not popped out the house would have blown up because of gas escaping from the water heater. The management group for the house was to have given me three months of rent free when they said that they had received a forged payment from the water company that I had sent them and therefore would have to move. counter claim against them citing that I have no knowledge of any forged payment sent to them for I was driving my truck across country at the time and could not have sent any document to them from a local fax number that they said they received since I was multi States away and my Trucking company has validated my working several 1000 of miles away on the date that they said they received this forged document. My court date is this Thursday, 28th of April, 2016 and I submitted my response through another person with a request for an extension for a new court day because I am across country delivering my loads. What do I do
JA: When it comes to nonprofits, the ins and outs can be complex, so getting accurate information is key. The attorneys we work with have a lot of experience, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: You have not answered my question
JA: Sorry. Please ask it again.
Customer: You
I was served a dispossession warrant. However, the house had water problems for more than a year that caused considerable amount of damage to the house I was renting and a water bill of nearly 3700. Because he constant water problem cost me so much money for clean up and damage to my personal items and furniture. After repeatedly calling the Management company about the cork popping out of the water heater and water flooding my garage and house, the first worker they sent out misdiagnosed the problem with the water heater. person sent out after the cork kept popping out replaced the water heating sighting that if the cork had not popped out the house would have blown up because of gas escaping from the water heater. The management group for the house was to have given me three months of rent free when they said that they had received a forged payment from the water company that I had sent them and therefore would have to move. counter claim against them citing that I have no knowledge of any forged payment sent to them for I was driving my truck across country at the time and could not have sent any document to them from a local fax number that they said they received since I was multi States away and my Trucking company has validated my working several 1000 of miles away on the date that they said they received this forged document. My court date is this Thursday, 28th of April, 2016 and I submitted my response through another person with a request for an extension for a new court day because I am across country delivering my loads. What do I do?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not at the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. I recommend if you haven't done so to get someone to get your stuff out asap.This is for your protection if you loose and case not continued they would throw your stuff out when they serve eviction. This is going to be a problem having another person represent you.Unless they are a lawyer here the court is not going to allow them to practice law here. Please don't shoot the messenger.You can ask to appear by telephone.This allows you to testify and also ask for continuance.This is your best chance at getting more time.You have good evidence here that you have incurred losses and the landlord has not been honest here at all. I don't know if a lawyer for you is possible, you can write the court asking to be able to appear by phone and fax in the letter to see if the court would grant this.Again I would also make arrangements to get your stuff out.If this goes bad you don't want the landlord here to toss it.Try the letter and a phone request as the nest step and fax it to the clerk for the court that they have filed in. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was forced to file Bankruptcy because I could not pay the water bill. Finally, my correct bill is now 58.00 per cycle of water payment. I had been charged before from $300 to $3000 per cycle
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
So you can testify to this by phone hopefully.You have some powerful facts and you have been harmed here no doubt by the landlord.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
I am not set up for calls yet , will send you an offer for extended chat you can ask anything you want.Thanks.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Thanks again if you want to do unlimited chat here be happy to continue.I appreciate the chance to help you today.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
If you can positive rate it is much appreciated.