RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

According to the Florida Landlord Tenant Statutes, how are

Customer Question

According to the Florida Landlord Tenant Statutes, how are tenant verbal notices to vacate their rental property treated in a court of law?
Before I signed the third 1 year lease with my landlord, I told him that my husband and I were going to get prequalified and we hoped to buy a home soon and I asked for a month to month lease. Instead, he added an addendum to our original 12 month lease of 2013 stating that we must give him 3 months notice. I gave him verbal notice on January 29 and I paid an extra month's rent after vacating on March 31 when we bought our home, just to honor the 3 month's notice. Now my landlord is threatening to sue me to pay for at least 3 more months of rent if I don't find him a replacement tenant because I did not give him a written notice to vacate. I paid him a security deposit of $1000 in 2013. can I get my deposit back? What are my rights under the Florida Landlord Tenant Statutes? Please Advise. Thank you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.
Did he acknowledge and accept the money?