AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

When a house is going on the market, how long do the current

Customer Question

When a house is going on the market, how long do the current tenants/ residents have to evacuate?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m an attorney with 15 years vigorous courtroom practice experience, and I would like to assist you in answering your question. My response is for information and education, and not as legal advice and we do not form an attorney/client relationship. I understand that you are asking if a home owner places their home on the market for sale, how long can a tenant remain until they have to leave the home. The tenants do not have to leave automatically. A house can actually be sold with a tenant residing therein. If there is a lease and the tenant doesn't want to leave, and the owner wants the tenant to leave, the owner will have to determine if he or she has grounds under the lease to evict the tenant if they do not wish to leave. I hope that I have answered your question. If so, could you please issue a positive satisfaction rating for me.Best,Heather S, Attorney