Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor

I have a mouse in my apartment, it probably has been

Customer Question

I have a mouse in my apartment, it probably has been living here for over a month since I have been noticing sounds every night.
Do you think I could break my contract lease?
They said they'll send someone on Thursday but the mouse is running around my apartment leaving a bad poop and odor and I'm scared of any diseases.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Unfortunately, as long as, the leasing office / landlord address and resolve this issue within reasonable time and has a professional exterminator inspect the rental unit and clear the unit of any mice, I am afraid there would generally not be any legal basis to terminate a lease earlier.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.