Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I entered a contract with a house seller. On the disclosure

Customer Question

I entered a contract with a house seller. On the disclosure he checked yes on insurance claimed, yes on roof replaced, no on water penetration. My insurance agent told me there was a water leaking claim after the option. I went to argue with the seller agaent and they blamed me for not asking what were included in insurance claims. My question: was checking NO on "water penetration" under this situation a fraud?
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Which state? Was the cause of the penetration repaired?