Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

My Children live in my guess house. It flooded in ht house.

Customer Question

My Children live in my guess house. It flooded in ht house. I asked them to move. I need to repair the house. They refuse to move. What can I do? RIght of Possession letter maybe?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You deliver and mail them a three day notice to quit or pay rent.Once three days are up go to local JP and file forcible entry and detainer. Here are the three day notices. https://rentallease.net/texas/texas-three-3-day-notice-to-quit-nonpayment-of-rent/ Staple one to the door and send one certified mail to them too.Then go file your suit for forcible entry and detainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not charge them rent. I just want the house back to make repair and they refuse to go.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Forms for forcible entry and detainer, your jp will have these too. https://www.aransascountytx.gov/jp1/e-docs/PROCEDURES%20FOR%20FILING%20EVICTION.pdf Thanks for letting me help you today.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Once you get the order form jp constable will evict hem here.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
You are putting them on notice that you are going to charge rent , you set amount and then evict for fialure to pay here.This is the fastest way to get them out.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
I think this ithe way to proceed here to get them out, thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.