Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I want to store pesticides in a garage on the first floor of

Customer Question

I want to store pesticides in a garage on the first floor of a building zoned for commercial usage but with three apartments rented on the second floor. What laws in Maine apply?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The Maine statutes does not prevent storage of these pesticides in the commercial garage, even with residential apartments upstairs. As long as pesticides are stored in sealed containers. Here is the Maine regulation and as you can see in section 3, there are no other requirements. See: http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/01/026/026c020.doc