Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

We are selling our home in Idaho and went to the realitor that

Customer Question

We are selling our home in Idaho and went to the realitor that helped us find our property.
He sent us a RE-16 seller representation agreement which I quicky and stupidly sighed electronically without reading properly. My wife, who is also an owner of the home, did read it and found that it contained a "dual representation and assigned agency clause.
I wish to break the contract and replace it with "limited dual agency".
Because only one of the owners of the property has singed the contract and the other is not willing to sign under the current conditions, is the contract in effect or can we cancel the agreement.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. Thanks for contacting just answer. Generally, all listing agreements must be signed by all owners of the property. It would be unusual for a Realtor to refuse your request to change the nature of the agency agreement that you signed. They are not out anything at this point. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.