Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP
93452170

My property was taken away when I filed . Is

Customer Question

My property was taken away when I filed for bankruptcy. Is my name automatically taken off of the title?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Could you explain a little more? Has the property been foreclosed? Kindly provide proper foundation for your question.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is not the question. This is one of the preform questions I was just looking at. My question has not been answered.yet.
I cannot answer your question without clarification and additional information. Kindly provide the information previously requested: Could you explain a little more? Has the property been foreclosed? Kindly provide proper foundation for your question.
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 7 months ago.
If your property was "taken" from you when you filed for bankruptcy, it sounds like perhaps your property was sold, or auctioned, to satisfy the bankruptcy plan. If this is the case, then yes, your name would be "automatically" taken off of the title once title to the property was transferred. Of course, this answer assumes the property was sold or auctioned.I hope this is helpful, and if so, please provide a rating. Also, feel free to ask follow-up questions.