Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Want to transfer deed/title from mother (deceased) to

Customer Question

hello, want to transfer deed/title from mother (deceased) to children...
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m an attorney with 15 years vigorous courtroom practice experience, and I would like to assist you in answering your question. My response is for information and education, and not as legal advice and we do not form an attorney/client relationship. Before I get going on your issue, I have a few questions. First, are you talking about transferring title to real estate? Or personal property, such as a vehicle?Second, who's name is ***** ***** titled in? Is it titled in your mother's name individually? Or did she have a trust and have it put in the trust's name?Third, if the property is not titled in a trust's name, did your mother set up a trust before she passed away to handle her property upon death? Fourth, did she have a will at all?Fifth, have there been any probate proceedings filed with the court?Let me know so that I can help you and give you the most relevant information possible.