RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

My son has been house sitting my mom's mobile home in a senior

Customer Question

My son has been house sitting my mom's mobile home in a senior mobile home park since mid January. Someone complained to the Board and they sent a letter 4/15 giving him until 4/30 to vacate. The letter also stated that if he does not comply with the request they will begin legal action and that the owner of the property will be responsible for their legal fees. (I had previously spoken to one of the Board members and let her know that he is attending the local college while he house sits for his grandmother who has been ill and that he will be leaving in June.)
Are they required to give a certain length of notice to vacate? Is there any way we can have him stay until mid June?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The association rules and regulations will control so you want to review them. I say this because the board likely needs to first provide his grandmother with a notice to cure. Then, if she fails to do so and he remains in violations of the rules, regulations and convennets, they can take action to remedy this. Now, if he has been there since January and wants to stay until June he is likely violating the rules and this is more then just house sitting and they see it as he is living there and can action.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.