LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.

I'm in Virginia and cannot find an attorney to represent my

Customer Question

I'm in Virginia and cannot find an attorney to represent my wife and I in a real estate litigation spanning close to 4 years. I'm in a small town situation versus the local sheriff's mother. intimidation and harassment are rampant. Attorneys flat refuse to help or beg off because of conflicts of interest. The county sheriff where I reside is providing professional courtesy to opposing mothers son. It's a mess. What do I do for top notch professional help, we firmly believe we are in the right?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a litigation attorney for more than 3 decades and I have handled real estate disputes as well as tort cases and discrimination/employment law matters. While it is not optimal to bring in an outside attorney from outside the community that your real estate that is the subject of the dispute exists, in cases such as yours where there appears to be political influences in the matter, and clear prejudices in the community against your side----either because the other side is politically or otherwise "connected" or because your suit may be against a well-known figure or employer, you have no real choice but to retain a law firm from outside your community. Choosing an outside law firm can be challenging as you really want a firm that does occasional work in your county but is not so tied to the community that they are intimidated by the players on the other side. Look for a mid-sized firm or a major firm from a good sized city as opposed to a small firm or a solo practice attorney to assist you so that more than one attorney will be assigned to the matter. Having more than one attorney participating on your behalf will disburse the flack/intimidation coming from the supporters of the other side and allow for a more comprehensive representation. It is not necessary to go to the far flung parts of the state looking for a firm, but merely a county or two over from yours. This tactic is about as reliable a manner of getting competent and uninfluenced counsel as is possible under the situation that you are facing. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.