Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

I purchased a modular home here in Texas I fell behind and

Customer Question

I purchased a modular home here in Texas I fell behind and the said home went into repossession. September 2015 the company came to pick the home up dropped it and damaged it. They said they would be back in 2 weeks. Then another two weeks and so on. To the point that they stop answering and returning my phone calls. It is now approaching a year since the first attempt of repossession. I have had no contact out returned phone calls can I sell this home so I can have the space back that it is occupying?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Is there a lien on this home?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No lien
Thank you for your follow up.Do you have the title / bill of sale for the home?Do you still owe money on this home and delinquent?Have you been sued yet by the finance company which financed this home?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have some receipts from past payments, I do owe money and I have not been sued. They tried moving it, failed and just never came back or called or given straight answers as to when they would return, just kind of disappeared and forgot about it
Thank you for your follow up.How is the finance company / bank secured their loan / financing with this home?Do you have title to the home?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No title don't know if there is a bank, did paper work and paid a down payment at one company here in Texas which is the same company that built the home, I made payments to another company in Kentucky. This was a no credit check rent to own cabin. Never dealt with a bank at all on this purchase
Thank you for your follow up.What is the market value of this home and what is the amount that you owe to the builder?Did you contact the builder and asked them to remove the home from your property?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
$15,000, I've contacted the builder several times and was told "I'll be there in 2 weeks" and never showed, to now no response at all
Thank you for your follow up.While I cannot comment on your specific case, generally, the home can be removed from the property, however, if it is sold, the third party has to be notified in writing that there is an outstanding debt related to the home, so the buyer will have knowledge that he is buying the home subject to this debt and potential claim / lien on the home by the builder.I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.