Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

The previous owner of a foreclosed property that i bought is

Customer Question

The previous owner of a foreclosed property that i bought is still living there. how do i evict him - property is in Greensboro, NC
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. He has become a tenant at sufferance, which is a tenant that lives on the property without a lease, at pleasure of the landlord (i.e. you). A tenant at sufferance needs to be given a written notice of reasonable time (no specific number of days is mandated in statute, but 30 days is more than enough and is recommended to be used). If they do not move out by this notice, they may be evicted as though they were a non-paying tenant. See HERE and HERE for guides on how to do so. Let me know if you need a sample Notice to Quit for a tenant at sufferance. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!