Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

Minneapolis. Housing inspections claims they have a sesrch

Customer Question

Minneapolis. Housing inspections claims they have a sesrch warrant, tomorrow the inspector plans to bring a police officer. I am in the hospital, an emergency, no one is home, I have not seen the warrant. I have already spent over $150,000 on the exterior. I have contracted for spring yard cleanup. I am afraid the will break my door down, do damage and leave the house wide open. What recourse have I? I could have died this week if I had not gone to the emergency room. My home used to be a triplex, but I quit renting 15 years ago, and my daughter is at college. I am there alone.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. Why not call them and tell them about your situation and see of they will wait until you are out here.It's about all you do here.If you have a friend or neighbor they could be around here to observe.I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.You can tell them that no one is available to let them in here if you have the keys. I appreciate the chance to help you and hope you will be better soon and this matter will resolve.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not gotten a reply to my texts, and the inspector is hard do reach by phone, I have left messages, I told him he could confirm what I said by calling Methodist Hospital. It will be difficult to ask a friend or neighbor to stand guard for an indeterminate length of time. Don't I have a right to see the warrant?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
I would tell you yes, they should be willing to show it to you.And they might agree to a fixed time so you could have somebody around.I do wish you the best.