Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My mother passed away in sept 2015. her grandson was living

Customer Question

my mother passed away in sept 2015. her grandson was living there rent free 6 yrs. no lease or rental agreement.he is a joint heir to the codo(1/3). he has been squatting there rent free till this day and we cant make mortgage ,hos ect.he stole (converted)$7,000 of money she left to pay mortgage ect. while waiting to go into probate. his name was put on account to pay those bills but he converted it to an account of his own and paid no bills. we cound have it forclosed as he lives rent free with the stolen money. we dont know what to do me and the other 2 joint heirs. daughters of deceased sister who mother left her inheritance to when she died of cancer. HELP!!!!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Robert. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? Is the value of the condo higher than the mortgage balance owed? Thanks.