Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

HOA rights and information allowed to ask. Especially, when

Customer Question

HOA rights and information allowed to ask. Especially, when documentation has already been given regarding the disability.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I moved in a condo with an HOA. I have a emotional support animal, documents from the SSA as well as documents from my doctor supporting the need for this animal. Which I provided to my landlord, when I was walking my dog and she said I was unable to have the dog. I explained that I have all documentation supporting my claim and she said she would need that documentaton I gave that documentation to my landlord and a month later I just received a form saying I have to get my doctor to tell them the relationship between my disability and need for my animal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..What action has your landlord taken regarding your ESA?.Have they threatened to evict you?.And are you saying that the landlord is requesting to know the nature of your disability and how your ESA fits into it?..thanksBarrister