Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My mother just recently passed, my father and mother wanted

Customer Question

My mother just recently passed, my father and mother wanted our all 4 children's name on there deed. My father cannot read or write, when my mother passed this April 5, 2016, it was discovered that my sister who is not my father's child was the only name on the deed. My father is very upset and want this changed. What can we do to get my other siblings name on the deed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Was the deed ever recorded?