P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.

If an uncle dies who is related to me by marriage & was

Customer Question

If an uncle dies who is related to me by marriage & was married to my aunt who was my mothers sister & my aunt passed away first several years ago. Does the property & money of the uncle go to me. Since my aunt & uncle had no children of there own & I'am the last living relative on my aunt's side. Also my deceased uncle did make a will leaving the home & monies to his niece on his side related to him. But he was influence by his family & friends to do this! My question is my aunt was married to him for over 50 years & are I'm entitled to anything! Also the deceased uncle side never help him with nothing it was always my family & me help him at times when he was not feeling well. The last year or so of his life is when his so called family can around to to see what they can get from & out of him? He passed away 9/10/15 of last year. Also my aunt's name was never on there property.Niether was his niece's until they knew he was going to die.A year or so prior to his passing away also! What is there if anything can be done!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, did the uncle have a will? And what state did he live in when he passed?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
he did have a will & in the state of Pa.

THank you

If he had a will, then the will dictates how the property is divided.
In such a case, if you are in the will (if you are a beneficiary of the will)? Then you will receive a portion of the estate based on the terms of the will.

But if you are not in the will? You have no right to any of the estate.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you get a portion of the estate regardless of what the will provides, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding