Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

If one of my tenants moved from one unit to another and made

Customer Question

If one of my tenants moved from one unit to another and made remodeling changes to said unit, including structural changes, without asking me or getting an OK from me, in writing or otherwise, would that be grounds to evict? Also, when this tenant moved herself into the other unit, did that nullify her month to month rental agreement requiring that she sign a new agreement?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
It would certainly be arguable that the tenant has breached her lease agreement by moving into of the other unit. In addition, making structural changes without permission is certainly a case for damages against property. On either score, an entirely new agreement should be entered into if you are going to permit her to stay under those circumstances. I hope that this answer is satisfactory and that you will enter a positive rating for it. If you have follow-up questions please send them by way of reply. Thank you for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This tenant is not welcome to stay. In fact she has not paid rent in almost 24 months. We are in process of eviction now. She is fighting it. I am trying to find a way to negate any and all that she claims and have the judge rule in our favor simply because she broke her month to month. She is requesting copy of the month to month but I am stating that she has nine and has to leave simply because of the voiding of the rental agreement. I would like tibknowbif thisbis avslam dunk. It seems to be.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to find a way to negate any and all that she claims and have the judge rule in our favor simply because she broke her month to month.You shouldn't need anything more than a failure to pay the rent. I don't know what a rent delinquent tenant could say to convince the judge that they are entitled to stay in the property. That is a slam dunk.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Due to a technical glitch here, it appears that my last answer shows as coming from you rather than me. I hope this was not confusing and that you will enter a positive rating at this point.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully this has cleared up now.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I see that it has. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.