Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

Live In condo complex. Out of 19 violations only one person

Customer Question

Live In condo complex. Out of 19 violations only one person was sent a notice to comply with rules. Is this discrimination
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a flower pot on my patio ledge. It is not legal according to hoa rules. I removed it to comply. Then found out I was the only person to receive a letter out of 19 condos
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Yes. One of board members does not like me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Generally, similar situation would be considered to be "selective enforcement" of the rules and not discrimination and if one HOA member is being singled out for the specific violation, while other members are not receiving notices of violation for the same violation, then a local real estate attorney should be consulted and this local real estate attorney would be able to address and resolve the situation with HOA.You can find an experienced and skilled local real estate law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:www.lexmundi.comwww.martindale.comwww.lawyers.comwww.legalmatch.comWhen, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to real estate law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.