Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues

I bought a new car to a dealership they paid my loan off on.y

Customer Question

I bought a new car to a dealership they paid my loan off on.y old car it's been 6 months and no one has got this car and when they paid off loan they new it Wasent running and would have to row it how long would that be abanded
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 months ago.
Hello there ---Because it is still on your property and in your name, it would not be considered abandoned. My suggestion here is that you send a certified letter to the dealership and ask them what they intend to do about the car. Tell them that you will give them 60 days to get it off your property or you will simply have it towed to either their lot or a junkyard and take them to small claims court for the expense of the tow. That way you have proof that you tried to get in touch with them with a legally acceptable form of notice ( a letter certified by the post office) and then if they pursue you for any money to do with the trade in you will have a defense against them in the records that you keep before you disposed of the car. -Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above. Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH-MARY