Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm a builder in the Texas hill country. I built a house for

Customer Question

I'm a builder in the Texas hill country. I built a house for a man last year. He has sent me a demand letter for some warranty work and other situations that pertain to their maintenance of the house. The relationship between the owner and myself did not go well. He deliberately cut me out of some commission items and also hired my subcontractors out from under me to do work on his house. I never released his builders and mechanics lien because of the commission I was not paid. What are my rights as the builder and do I have to fix the warranty items?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon Lauren. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? Are you wondering about your rights just with respect to the warranty work? Or, with regard to the other open items you reference? Is the warranty work that he is requesting work relating to the job you did or does it relate to work that was performed pursuant to an agreement between the owner and your subcontractors? Thanks.