Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I'm having issues with our homeowners association. What kind

Customer Question

I'm having issues with our homeowners association. What kind of a aware do I need?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
You should seek out a lawyer who has experience with HOA governing boards as well as the general knowledge of Georgia state law concerning HOA regulations. Here is the general Georgia statute: http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/Default.asp Also, here is a discussion in layman's language of those rules and regulations that govern the Boards which you should find very helpful: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/rules-apply-hoa-board-members-georgia-38296.htmlI hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you. My homeowners board has people who seem to be so vindictive. They allow there friends to do what they want and other people they seem to constantly find fault with. When I put up a trash can containment the wood was the wrong patern it was vertical instead of horizontal. It was not intentional but looks fine they refused to allow it. At first they said it was because I put it up wrong so I asked to add this as an approved style and they said no because the paper work had already been submitted so I said that dosent make sense and appealed the decision which was denied. I then asked why and they said this time because you could see threw the wood but you can't. They changed there answers but neither make sense. I have been trying to vale teed for two years from when the landscaping committee was started. Two years worth of emails ignored I finally started calling everyday and they said the committee was full and the names of who is on the committee is secret and won't revel the names. They never gave any homeowners notice of any of this. Where do I start?
Also I need a lawyer for advice on Warrenty work with the builder that hasn't been completed. Can I use the same lawyer for both issues?
The lawyer who does warranty or construction suits may be different than the lawyer who handles HOA disputes. Just ask the lawyers to evaluate both situations and decide if they want to handle them both. HOAs are often run by people who are fascinated by rules and regulations. A fair percentage of the questions we get here seem to be HOA related. I hope that you will see fit to enter a positive rating for this discussion.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.