Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Can a homeowner in an HOA stop contracted work by the Asso

Customer Question

Can a homeowner in an HOA stop contracted work by the Association?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Where is the work being done and how is the HOA member stopping the work?Please provide me with more details.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The work is painting the wall of our Assoc. and is being done by a certified legal company in Sarasota, Fla.The Assoc approved the painter and this member is not happy with layout of the paint colors (colors were approved). I am the PRESIDENT OF the Assoc and she is threating to get a stop work order. What can I do so the work can proceed?
Thank you for your follow up.Did this HOA member file a lawsuit to obtain such injunction?Does Association have a local attorney on retainer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No and no. Can anyone get an injunction and where would it be filled and how much does it cost? What kind of support does she need to succeed and how much time does it take?
Thank you for your follow up.Is the work being done in HOA common area / element?How many members are in the HOA?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, the wall is common and the HOA has 21 members and five on the board of directors with her being one. What can I do to stop this action?
Thank you for your follow up.I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.