RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

My girlfriend and I moved into a condo in november of 2015,

Customer Question

my girlfriend and I moved into a condo in november of 2015, she filled out lease and I was not on it, I pay half of all bills and all bills are payed thru my checking account. she informed me I have to be out in 2 weeks, I also have a child that lives with me part time. what are my legal rights to how long I have to move out?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. She would need to give you at least one months notice to vacate. 2 weeks is not enough time under the law and she would need to give you at least a months time. If she fails to do so, you would not need to leave and/or she would not be able to proceed with eviction until the proper notice is provided.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!