Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP

According to my CCNR's, we are not allowed to have a Dish or

Customer Question

According to my CCNR's, we are not allowed to have a Dish or Antenna on the roof. However, according to the 19996 FCC Law the HOA cannot stop you from getting the free over the air signal. And according to the FCC law you can have an antenna on the roof, if you have it attached to a part of the roof in which you have exclusive use. So, I have an antenna on my roof, attached to a vent pipe which is my exclusive use, and I have been told to take it down, however there is a dish on the building across from me bolted into the roof, and when i brought it to the attention of the HOA, they have not made a move to take it down. I feel im being singled out, what recourse do I have?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 6 months ago.
Generally, HOA's have to offer mediation or some other form of alternate dispute resolution. I would request mediation to the Board or management company and then explain your situation to the HOA. I would also provide a detailed letter explaining your situation ahead of time.If you found this helpful, please provide a rating. Also feel free to ask follow-up questions.