How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7243
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We filed a chapter 13 3 years ago. Today we received a Motion

Customer Question

We filed a chapter 13 3 years ago. Today we received a Motion for Relief from Automatic Stay because of a few missed payments. Late payments total $9,000.00 we paid $4,000.00 today. What do we need to do to stop our home from being taken away?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I will offer you a live phone call as per your request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** think I will consult with an attorney in California.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
What I would have suggested by phone is that if you cannot work out an agreement with the creditor to withdraw their motion for relief, you may be able to amend your plan to include the additional back payments.

Related Real Estate Law Questions