Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I just was granted a divorce from my husband this year. He

Customer Question

I just was granted a divorce from my husband this year. He bought a single family home for us in 1998 (taxes,insurance not included). The home is in his name and so is the deed. He has been living with his parents for 2 years. I got zero from the divorce. The house is to be auctioned April 27,20016, and I just found out about it. If he signs the house over to me (79 months behind), will I be responsible (if I am able to buy the house) or will the debt reflect on him only. We never had anything jointly (just a checking account that was closed years ago. We were married for over 30 years. I have explored all avenues, and want to do what is best for our oldest child who has Cerebral Palsy and developmental issues and doesn't want to be homeless. My credit score is ok, but I am not to savvy about these laws. I haven't spoken to my former husband in 2 years. Any advice? We have almost 18 years of belongings in what was our "home sweet home". One added thing, he obtained this loan with a no income verification, and we put down $50,000, the thing is my father is deceased and wrote the check to him.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Does the decree provide that it was to be deeded to you?
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Is it still even in his name or was an order of foreclosure issued?
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Are you online with me?