Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Squatters rights.. My father in law has been living in the

Customer Question

Squatters rights.. My father in law has been living in the Moose River Village for over 20 years.. All land owners were paid out but he was not. He doesn't have a deed but lives on the land owned now by a Gold Company
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Real Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: They want to mine the area where he is living and are trying to make him move. Does he have any rights?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Can you tell me what state this is in?.Has father built a house on the land or enclosed it in some way by fencing it so as to clearly identify the area he is occupying?.Has he been in that same location for 20 years or does he move around?..thanksBarrister