Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a roomer with month to month tenancy and i need to

Customer Question

i have a roomer with month to month tenancy and i need to evict him because he is always late with the rent. I mean really really late. once he was 8,000 in arrears. his rent is 250 a week. If there are 5 weeks in the month he doesn't pay the 5th week. How do I get rid of this character. I am first going to file an eviction notice downloaded, and have someone serve him. is this correct?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just need to evict him because he does not pay rent for months at a time,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

The short answer is yes. You need to provide/serve him with the notice first. If the issue is not corrected, then you can proceed with the eviction.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.