Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I am the owner of a condominium. The HOA has been knocking

Customer Question

I am the owner of a condominium. The HOA has been knocking on my tenants door without prior notice to me or them and accessing my deck and patio via ladder to address a leak in the unit below me. When I asked to be warned, this was his response
"The HOA has right of access to all units, and patios."
I don't believe this to be true. Am I right. Condominiums are private residences, right?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Was there an actual leak coming from your condo unit into unit below you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Possibly. But a general contractor stated the leak is probably coming from under my patio/deck. Now the HOA manager has his brother looking into the situation and showing up without notice.
Thank you for your follow up.Did you review your HOA / Condo Association rules and whether the rules allow HOA / COA to access condo unit in case of some type of repair / leak issue?