Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My wife and I bought a house together in 2010 We paid on

Customer Question

My wife and I bought a house together in 2010
We paid on the house together until june of last year, when she filed to divorce me. She set up an appointment with BofA to have the divorce papers signed, and I went in to sign them before I was to set out to drive to visit family in Baker City Oregon. She knew I was in a hurry to get on the road, but she said time was of the essence and the papers needed to be signed as soon as possible. I was in a hurry to get on the road and I admit I didn't do a good enough job reading all of the paper work and the bank person didn't go over any of the details, and I trusted my wife not to do anything underhanded. We lived together in the house until the present day, she paid the mortgage, and I paid my half of the payment and continued to work on the house, with the general thinking that when the house sold, we would split the proceeds and move on. I come to find out that my name was no longer on the deed, with her listed as the sole owner. I had asked her time and time again for a copy of the divorce decree which she has so far not produced, but I know now what happened. Now she is trying to evict me, and there is a possible sale pending. What do I need to do to correct the fact that we bought the house together, with the idea that
I would receive my share of the proceeds. By the way, we had been married for 30 years.
how do I proceed for fairness and honesty to prevail in this situation. I want to leave of my own volition, not to be forced out of my house. It is still my home also.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
You have a super problem to deal with involving several separate and distinct areas of law. it is too complex to deal with in Q&A format, so I will offer a telephone consultation. The offer follows. Simply click the ACCEPT button and enter a phone number where you may be reached. There is an increase in cost for this Premium Service.