RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

My home (in Louisiana) is being sold in the sheriff's auction

Customer Question

My home (in Louisiana) is being sold in the sheriff's auction at 10am today. How long will I be given to vacate the property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. A lot depends on if the home is bought by a 3rd party or if the bank takes it back. I say this because a 3rd party is going to want to get you to vacate a lot quicker, once title is issued and they own it. They would likely give you a notice to vacate and if you fail to leave will evict, so it could be a few weeks, at most. Now, if the bank buys it back then you could possible be offered a keys for cash type of agreement to leave in X number of days or they may wait to hire a realtor and sell the property so that could possible give you 30+ days. There is no exact period of time till they try and evict but if they do , you likely would be looking at roughly 30 days from start to finish before you would be ordered to vacate
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!