Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

When banks claim mortgage note is endorsed in blank but don't

Customer Question

when banks claim mortgage note is endorsed in blank but don't show it for relief from stay order in Bankrupcy court have they proved standing? I think not.What do you say?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: the bankruptcy court granted the bank relief from automactic stay saying to me that the bank says they have the original note endorsed in blan
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
yes.the original was never shown but when I pointed out the robo stamps on the assignments with deposition that the person did not stamp or nowho did the Judge says,they say they have it endorsed in blank but that don't prove prudential standing under In Re Veal .Its on the bank to prove standing,the even had the date wrong on assignment for original documents without my condo number and blacked out all of numbers referring to documents
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
No, they have not proved standing. So, the Court should not grant the Motion for Relief from Automatic Stay. If the Judge does, the case should be appealed. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.