Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  real estate law
10707909

If someone abanded amobile home on your land years

Customer Question

If someone abanded amobile home on your land for three years and it wasnt in
there name. Want can ido about it. It is a peice of junk.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 7 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.Do you know who the owner is?
And what state are you in?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes ino the person she is my neice but she is acrack head . My state is Fla.
Thank you for the information. Let me do a little research and I will respond in a few minutes. Thanks for you patience. But you have an address for her, correct?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has the title but its still in the other per
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sonsname.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has the title but its still in the person name.
Ino the person its my niece and shes on drugs real bad.
I livein florida.
Thank youYou must first contact your local law enforcement to report the description and location of the property . If you want to keep the property or have authority to dispose of it, you still have to contact law enforcement and let them know it's been abandoned, but you would like to take possession or have it disposed of. If law enforcement cannot identify or locate the owner, then you may be allowed to post a deposit with the law enforcement agency. The deposit will be a reasonable sum sufficient to cover the agency's cost for transportation, storage, and publication of notice. The deposit will be reimbursed to you by the rightful owner should they identify and reclaim the property.And you can tell the police that you know the owner. You will need to write the owner a letter and tell her that you have the vehicle and he needs to be removed. You can state that you are willing to remove it at no cost to her, but you need her to her to sign a waiver.
The waiver can simply say that she releases the vehicle to you. And if she has a title you should try to get that title. I suggest that you need to send this letter to her certified and tell her that she has 7 days from receipt of the letter to sign the waiver or how many days to retrieve it. If she does not retrieve it within that time frame, you can dispose of it, but you need to show that you have provided her notice.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.
Here is the Florida Statute on what I explained.