Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.

I am renting a home from a group called invitation homes They

Customer Question

I am renting a home from a group called invitation homes
They are trying to evict me in 8 days
They even sent my rent payment back to me
How long does the eviction process take? They have $7,500 dollars of my money for last month's rent and security
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The FL eviction process is quite fast, generally once they file suit you have 5 days to answer the suit and appear in court and then the court will give you not more than 5 days to move out if they find in the landlord's favor. So, if the landlord is trying to evict you, they do not have to accept your rent and then they can file suit in court and serve you and you have 5 days to respond and you can seek to file a countersuit for them breaching your lease, which would allow you to seek damages from them for their conduct in trying to evict you contrary to the lease terms.
Typically though, you are looking at less than 30 days from now if they want you out and prove you breached the lease, they can have the court order you out of the property.