Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

As a renter, am I legally allowed to see the report of the

Customer Question

As a renter, am I legally allowed to see the report of the mold testing just done at my request because I was told there is black toxic mold by professional cleaning people I called out. and I've been very ill. Yet the LL had it tested while I was not present after I complained. Would not allow me to talk to technician and now not only will not show me report of findings but is completly ignoring my repeated requests?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Yes, you are legally allowed to see the report of the testing. If the Landlord is not allowing you to see the report, you need to file lawsuit against the Landlord for an Order to see the report. You can file this lawsuit at the Justice of Peace Court in your district. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office. You can also contact your City Hall, Sanitary Department, and file complaint against the Landlord. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.