WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy years ago. I was discharged

Customer Question

I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy years ago. I was discharged almost 4 years ago. The bank never foreclosed on the property, but they did send me a release of mortgage. Does that mean I own the property? Can I sell the property or quit claim it to someone?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached the release
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the bank did not foreclose and as a result of the discharge of your bankruptcy, all debts against the house were discharged. You can sell the property outright or quitclaim it as you wish. If you quitclaim, then the recipient receives whatever rights to the property you have, and you have no further liability. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.