RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

How can I save my house after it foreclosed on April 1, 20

Customer Question

How can I save my house after it foreclosed on April 1, 2016
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Good evening. New York has no statutory right of redemption, which would allow a party whose property has been foreclosed to reclaim that property by making payment in full of the sum of the unpaid loan plus costs. As such, your only option would be to try and vacate the sale and judgment if there is a legal basis to support it. If not and it was bought by a 3rd party, then you would have to deal with them and see if they would be willing to work with you to allow you to remain in some capacity.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.