P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

I am 86 years old and hold a reverse mortgage on my home,

Customer Question

I am 86 years old and hold a reverse mortgage on my home, legally separated husband is 88yers old and has threatened to take over home if I leave it on a temporary basis for surgery and recovery. My legal papers are missing from my files, I do leave one door unlocked when gone because of small pet and concerns for fire, etc. It was following a relatives visit last spring that papers seem to have disappeared. I now need proof of status on home, my rights, etc. thank you,
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help
Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
Can you tell me what do you mean proof of status?
Are you asking how to request a copy of the deed? Or of the contract for reverse mortgage?