Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

What happen if the owner say you got 2 month to move he is

Customer Question

what happen if the owner say you got 2 month to move he is selling the house to much repair
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.
If you do not have a lease for more than a month at a time, then the owner has correctly given you 60 days notice to move. If you don't move within 60 days, The owner can take you to court and ask the judge for an order directing the sheriff to move you out. Hopefully, you will be able to move so that won't be necessary. I hope that this is helpful and that you will be able to enter a positive rating for my assistance. l probably take you to court to get an order for your eviction by the sheriff.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the roof has been leaking and mildew for at least 3 years then he said why don't you leave, you have two month. what is my wright....
As the owner of the property, he can refuse to continue renting it to you anytime he wishes. The best you can hope for is adequate notice, which he has given you. As far as the roof leaking and the mildew goes, that is probably a health hazard and you are better off living somewhere else anyway. I wish you the best of luck getting relocated.