Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

In process of applying mortgage. My husband and I have

Customer Question

In process of applying for a mortgage. My husband and I have a joint checking and savings account. He received a large bonus this month and we plan to use that for the downpayment on the home. ($79000) The loan will be in my name only, title in both names.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Real Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: The bank is asking for a gift letter and I'm unclear why
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. 1) What state is this in?2) What exactly are you asking, i.e. what is your question? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.