Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I live in Pennsylvania and I have a hearing tomorrow

Customer Question

I live in Pennsylvania and I have a hearing tomorrow for Eviction --Recovery of Real Property Hearing Notice and Landlord Tenant Complaint. I am now listed in the Uniform Judicial System for Magistrates (Magistrate hearing tomorrow). IF I settle or proceed to hearing and win, will this still show up as some type of eviction on Public Records and my credit statement, tenant screenings? I know this can only show up on COmmon Plea Court if I lose and Appeal. I am not sure how difficult this public record would be to get removed from a Judge in PA if this is the case so I am wondering if I actually even should settle.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
The only way a civil case would appear on your credit is if the landlord files a notice on your credit for being evicted (which the landlord can) or if the landlord receives a money judgment as part of the eviction.....and if that occurs, the landlord can record the judgment in the county land records.....which will be picked up by the credit reporting agencies eventually.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
But, if you settle with the landlord, you should make one d the terms of settlement an agreement that the landlord won't twitter anything to the credit agencies and that no money judgment will be filed against you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If the judgement is picked up by count land records then it will state the word eviction, correct? Also, why is something already recorded at uniform judicial and could something be picked up here or added to this as a public record
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
Usually, only money judgments are recorded on judgment rolls (which are picked up by credit agencies)....and the cause of action usually isn't listed - just the names of the parties and judgment amount.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
The uniform judicial sounds like a court docket.....but I'm not sure.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.