Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have been notified that I have a lien on my house.

Customer Question

Hello;
I have been notified that I have a lien on my house. It was place by a renter for return of security deposit. It was a negotiated amount determined by negotiator, who was in her favor, even with evidence. Nevertheless, I want to pay the amount and have the lien off my house.
The plaintiff is not taking my calls to be able to pay. I sent email, phone msg, and txt. No answer.
What can I do?
Can I send her a check?
The lien is for a certain amount, however there are other costs to attach the lien. The exact amount is unknown to me.
What can I do to get lien off my property.
Thank you
Judy
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Do you have a current address for the judgment creditor?..thanks Barrister