WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Concerning a "Fire Sprinkler System" that will be mandated

Customer Question

concerning a "Fire Sprinkler System" that will be mandated for, intra alia, condo - covering the common areas and each unit. It then purports to allow an "opt out of the retrofitting" by following the stated procedure. If not followed, it will lose the "retrofitting" option and must initiate "the building permit process to retrofit with a sprinkler system"
This condo has been in existence for many years. We have fire alarms in each unit as well as the common areas.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
So, this means if you don't follow the procedure to retrofit the fire sprinklers timely, meaning if it is not done within the required period, the HOA would have to apply for a building permit and go through the local municipality to get that done. That is not a bad thing; it just means that it could take a little longer to accomplish the new system in place. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.