Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

I bought a house 61/2 years ago. The price was 485000 and

Customer Question

Hi, I bought a house 61/2 years ago. The price was 485000 and I put 250000 down. My girlfriend moved in 6 months later and I put her on the deed of the house, she put no money into the buying of the house. Now I'm selling the house as she moved out 3 months ago. The house is priced at 850000. What if any amount of money is she entitled to ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If she owns this house jointly with you and you put her name on the lease then unfortunately she owns 50% of the house and would be legally entitled to 50% of the proceeds. It is possible to put a smaller percentage of the house in her name but it is likely that you just transferred to her jointly which would give you an equal share with you. I know this is not the answer you wanted to here, and I am sorry. I am obligated to provide accurate information as giving you inaccurate information would not hep you. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, did you have any further questions?