Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

How to get the County planning department to do their job and

Customer Question

How to get the County planning department to do their job and approve or otherwise permit applications.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this is in. Thank you. This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
California, Santa Clara County
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Thank you. If a state/county/municipal government office is simply not responding/not doing their job, then one can file a Writ of Mandamus in Court. A Writ of Mandamus is a type of pleading which asks the Court to order the government office to properly fulfill their official duties or correct an abuse of discretion, i.e., make a decision on an application, make a decision, etc. Now, this writ focuses more on forcing the office to make a decision and less on objection on a discretionary decision, but the Writ has also been used to try to overturn administrative decisions such as denial of licenses, etc. One has to be at the end of any/all administrative appeal processes before filing said Writ. For more, see the following two links that describe this in detail: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/writs_handout.pdfhttp://sandiegolawlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Writ_of_Administrative_Mandamus.pdf I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.