Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

ARE HANDWRITTEN CHANGES TO DEEDS THAT ARE NO INITIALED ACC

Customer Question

ARE HANDWRITTEN CHANGES TO DEEDS THAT ARE NO INITIALED ACCEPTABLE/VALID?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 7 months ago.
ARE HANDWRITTEN CHANGES TO DEEDS THAT ARE NO INITIALED ACCEPTABLE/VALID? There is no problem with making changes to the deed provided the changes were made PRIOR to the deed being signed and the deed being notarized and prior to recording? What type of change was made to the deed?
Changes made after the deed is signed and notarized would not be valid as a new deed incorporating the changes would need to be signed and notarized to have a valid modifications. Can you contact the notary? Was the deed signed through a title/escrow company?
Are you with me?
You can come back to this question at any time with any follow up questions that you may have for me regarding this matter.If you would be kind enough to rate my service you can come back to this question at any time to follow up with me.Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 6 months ago.
Did you have any additional questions for me?